Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WINNER, WINNER, PASTA DINNER...

around this house we LOVE anything pasta.
as soon as i saw this easy recipe that brittney shared on her recipe blog, i knew it was a must-try.
as soon as we tasted it, ev and i both declared it a part of our permanent dinner rotation.


SPINACH PASTA TOSS

1 can (14-1/2 oz.) italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups multi-grain penne pasta, uncooked
1 cup water
1 package baby spinach leaves, about 7 cups
1 cup shredded three-blend cheese
4 strips bacon, cooked


bring tomatoes, pasta, and water to boil in large saucepan, stir.

cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until pasta is just tender.

add 1/2 of the spinach, cover, and let simmer about 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.

add 4 strips of cooked, crumbled bacon and the remaining spinach.
let simmer another 2 minutes or until spinach is welted.
stir and top with cheese.

15 comments:

Michelle said...

MMMM...I'm gonna have to try this one too! We love us some pasta over here!

Unknown said...

awesome! I just wrote this down for dinner tonight! Sounds EASY.. I like easy!

JENNY said...

I am definitely going to have to try this!

Carissa said...

Thank you for posting recipes! I made baked potato dip the other night and everyone LOVED it. I'm going to have to try this too.

Kelly’s Korner said...

That sounds so good! I'll have to try that!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Yum, yum! I will have to try that. And we are having your famous Meat Cupcakes for dinner tonight!

Jill said...

I NEED THIS!

ThePoeFam said...

Glad you loved it! I loved it too! Sadly, Matt was not a huge fan, so it isn't on our meal rotation! :( Oh well...i'll just have to make it for lunch! :)

Abby said...

That looks yummy! I'm going to have to add that to my recipe box! Yumm!

Anonymous said...

From Witt's page, I went to your blog. So special...you are a very clever and talented write, not to mention the recipes! Keep it up and I will have my food planned for the winter!
Sonja

LB said...

That sounds yummy! I will have to try it soon! Did you happen to see my ice cream post a few posts back? I have some fond ice cream memories with you and Stewart's! :)

Jim McCord said...

That is an interesting method for cooking that dish, I would have suggestiongs, however, I will keep them to myself.

We need to have a receipe contest in the near future or something of the sort. I will bring the cilantro and lime. :)

Sarah Beth said...

Annalee, we made this last night and it was yum yum! Keep the easy recipes coming! I'm in need of easy, small recipes! I miss you!!!

Heather said...

Yummy!! It looks delicious!! I have a recipe that I bet you would love, I am thinking of posting it next time I fix it! Thanks for sharing!

R said...

sounds great! my girls always, always eat pasta, so i know this will be a hit. and sneaking in some veggies, too! i love love love new recipes.