Monday, February 15, 2010

THE MAKING OF A STAPLE RECIPE...

STAPLE RECIPE (noun)

1. a recipe made and consumed on a regular basis.

2. a recipe that is requested to stay on the permanent rotation upon trying one time.

ex: some "staple recipes" at our house are chicken tacos, meat cupcakes,
and now thanks to this blog we have another "staple" recipe to add to the rotation.


ONE DISH CHICKEN
that's right, you only have to wash one dish after this meal! well, that and a cutting board, a bowl in which you melt the butter, and maybe a couple of plates and forks.

ingredients:
2-3 large potatoes (thinly sliced)4-6 chicken breasts
2 cans french style green beans (drained)
1 pkg good seasons herb and garlic dressing mix
6 Tablespoons butter (i use a little less)
shredded parmesan cheese
(*i half the recipe when making it just for us)



directions:
1) place chicken in center of long, glass casserole dish.
2) put beans on one side of chicken and potatoes on the other.
3) season chicken and veggies (we use black pepper, a little salt, and tony chachere's seasoning)
4) melt the buetter and mix with the dressing pkg.
5) pour over chicken, green beans, and potatoes.
6) sprinkle parmesan cheese over all.
7) cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.



disclaimer:
some pint-sized members of our family
might not declare this a staple recipe yet.
but that's only because they would rather
chew on their own hands,





or eat candy for every meal.
soon enough they will join their parents
in their love for this recipe.

25 comments:

Courtney said...

This sounds so yummy, I am going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

Annalee, you always have the best recipes! I can't wait to try this one!!

Megan said...

Oh boy, I will be making that sometime this week! Sounds yummy and looks easy, peasy!

Thanks for sharing-I am always in need of new ideas! Keep 'em coming...

Carrie Rogers said...

That sounds SOOOO good!!! I'm going to have to try that this week!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Lauren said...

One Dish Chicken sounds completely yummy!

Wendi said...

That looks so easy and yummy! Thanks for sharing. I'm actually in the middle of making my list of meals for next week, and this is going on it! I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Hattie said...

Sounds yummy! I'm going to have to try this!

Devon said...

I'm not sure your kids could get any cuter, Annalee.

And heck, the fewer dishes, the better!!!

Kelli said...

It looks like Graham is using his hand as a staple "recipe"!

Jennifer said...

Yum! I always love the recipes you post and I will have the check that blog out for some more "staples"

Abbe said...

i am very excited to try this, a casserole that all the ingredients don't touch...i might be in heaven!

Leah said...

I love one dish oven wonders! Pop it in the oven so I can continue to work or luv on the babies! Can't wait to try this!

MDM said...

Trying it! Your children are adorable and I love your writings!

Lindsee said...

Annalee, it was so fun meeting you this Saturday! Your little girl is a DOLL!

And thanks for the recipe! It looks so very easy. The roommates and I are always looking for new things. I will add this to the list!

And I'm also adding you to my google reader!

Meredith said...

I'm so glad y'all liked it - we tried it last week and it's going to become a staple in our house too!! Yum, but I guess anytime you mix butter and parmesan cheese, you can't go wrong!!

We've got some members in our family who just might find their fingers and mama's milk a little tastier, and 1 picky toddler who would rather mac and cheese be the staple!! But, I dream of the day when I make 1 meal and it feeds everyone! Ha!

CASEY said...

Annalee, I made it tonight, and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing!

The Parks said...

This sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing, Annalee! And for sharing the adorable pics of your kiddos!

Heather said...

This looks so yummy friend! I love new recipes and a one dish dinner, that makes it even better!!

Jenn said...

What a cook! Sounds yummy! I am going to make this tomorrow!
Love ya

Katelyn said...

Oh my gosh, we tried this for dinner last night and it was SO good! Thanks for sharing!

The Speck family said...

That recipe is awesome- can't wait to try it. Your two children are so beautiful! You are obviously one rock'in mommy :).

yarger gal said...

we had this for dinner tonight - it was delicious. thanks for the sharing!

Jill said...

Alex loves all three ingredients in this dish - definitely trying this one! :)

Marla said...

Looks very yummy.

http://asthefarmturns.wordpress.com/

Sara said...

Hi. I came across your blog the other day and decided I'd try out one dish chicken... I made it tonight and it is DELICIOUS. I had a different herb packet, but none the less I could see this becoming a frequent dinner in our house! thank you!!